View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #60
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Hey, just tried the Maps feature. Very cool. I use Google Maps on a desktop frequently. Speed, with any layer on, is good. When I flipped on wikipedia layer, it showed me the exactly correct location of a church which was torn down about 60 years ago one street south of me. The Street view came up in a jiffy and rotates, etc, with good speed.

I run SpeedTest.net app from time-to-time to check the wifi. I am getting about 10 mbps download and close to 1 mbps upload with 30 ms ping time. I do better on the hardwired desktop, and better on a Samsung Tab 10.1 (about three times the cost of the Kobo Vox). But this is also a very consistent result for the Vox and may explain why the Maps app runs in a snappy fashion.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote