View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #26
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
They're not paying for Dropbox, they're paying for the millions of people who use Dropbox.
Yup. And hasn't Apple spent billions on a facility for their cloud services? By trying to grab a company like Dropbox they also acquire the developer teams which created the service and their collective experience.

I have an odd sense we are seeing a sea change in Apple these days. Are the falling victim to their cash glut? Buying instead of creating? Much as I dislike Apple they have usually created their own stuff in-house. But right now they could buy a number of countries for cash the pave things over putting Apple stores and maybe a few Starbucks every 100 yards. That cash has to be pretty seductive and might move them away from the formula that got them there in the first place. I just think of their patent legal moves as part of this tactic.

I also think Samsung is actually trying to take on Apple. The recent patent suit they filed as an example.(my goof it was HTC) Plus didn't Samsung just get into bed with Microsoft for a Win 8 tablet? I don't think Apple can pshaw that move. It might be an interesting 2012 for Apple.

I bet Apple might bump the offer to Dropbox of for no other reason that the officially new boss can't have small companies bar him at the door the first couple months officially on the job.

Last edited by joenunya; 09-12-2011 at 12:45 PM.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote