View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
The real problem, for those who didn't bother to read the article, is that sales have tanked and are down 25%.

Relocating won't do jack for Dorchester.
What concerns me is that they are attempting to position themselves (and some are seeing it) as pursuing a new publishing paradigm, rather than a desperation move for a sinking company. If they fail--which is not unlikely at this point--it will give ammunition to the pbook people. "See, going primarily electronic won't work!"

Of course, by the same token, if they succeed, it will be pretty good for the digital-first crowd.

I wish Dorchester and their authors well. I don't like to see any company fail in this economy.

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 08-09-2010 at 03:01 PM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote