View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
For the generic (base fonts) in a PDF they rely on the installed fonts in the platform they are read on -- be it a PC, Mac, or Sony Reader. As a rule the PDF writers do not embed Ariel (Swiss, etc), Times, and Courier. All embedded fonts in a PDF are not able to be extracted even if the document is unlocked. This is why no font foundry objects to Acrobat. Just as you do not need to own a font to view a print ad with a special font in it, you do not need to own the font to view a PDF with a special font in it.

I have never used AdultPDF to create PDF files. Many people seem to like PrimoPDF however I am not sure if it embeds fonts or not. I use a somewhat outdated (at least 2 versions) Adobe Acrobat and it works fine for me.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote