View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Is Universal Reading Progress Sync Possible?

Let me preface this by saying that I have the coding background of an Alaskan malamute.

One maddening thing about owning several devices is that, unless you're willing to be tethered to a particular store and brand, your reading progress is unlikely to sync from device to device.

Here's what I wondered: Whether it would be possible to have Calibre or a plugin read one's progress in various books on various e-readers, record the latest progress as metadata, and store it both on the initial device and on the one to which the progress is being transferred.

Ideally, device-to-device dynamic progress data would become a part of epub generally and not Calibre's frighteningly broad skill set, but as we all know, Calibre is reliably good at resolving issues and implementing features which, if left to IPDF, would dissolve into twitches and standoffs.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote