View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #755
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's also really the only thing that will take off the fat. The long walks several times a week, stair climbing every day, and daily PT in the house were what got me to my goal at the start of the New Year. Dieting alone 'may' have removed 5 kilo in that time instead of 23. And now 25.

Stitchawl
It takes a heck of a lot of exercising, though, to get rid of fat on its own. 1lb of fat contains about 3500 calories. Brisk walking uses perhaps 80 calories a mile, so you need to walk about 44 miles to burn a pound of fat. Whereas consuming 500 calories a day less than your body needs will achieve the same thing in a week. A combination of exercise and eating less is, I think, the most effective method.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote