View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
wellreadfred
wellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Nexus 7
Rizla said:

Quote:
android tabs do support flash, but you have to look around for an older version of flash.
Rizla, thanks for responding and after a couple of searches on YouTube I see that you can add Flash to the tablets.

Shack70 added:

Quote:
Go to your local Best Buy and compare the 3. They all have pros and cons. The Kindle is tied into Amazon and runs a custom version of Android. The Nexus has no SD slot but runs the newest version of Android. The Samsung has an SD slot.
I'm recouping from a stroke, so travel is difficult right now. The worry of not having enough space is important to me and the SD slot could help in that matter. I love Amazon but it is intriguing to me to have an OS that I can customize when I want to, if I want to. So with the max SD card (Tab 2) I would have 40gb of space compared to the 32Gb Nexus 7. I like the idea of the Nexus with Google updating the Android system before others do.

Chantal stated:

Quote:
you can install apps to the Samsung's sd card... I've done it for a friend who owns a Tab 2;
Thanks for the correction and this would equal up the Nexus and Samsung for me.

BadBilly said:

Quote:
Google has taken Flash out of the Google Play store as it is no longer supported.
Thanks for the article link. YouTube is full of videos on how to find and install Flash if you desire.

omega34 said:

Quote:
I think the Nexus 7 is definitely the superior device out of those three while still being cost-effective.
Omega34, I agree with your suggestion on the Nexus and have one on the way. I decided to get the 32Gb version, knowing that the Nexus can use a USB stick for more storage, videos and music, the larger files if needed.

Why I picked the Nexus 7 over the others?

Newest version of Android
Quick updates to the OS from Google
Better processor
Better graphics chip
32Gb out of the box
Expandable storage via USB dongle (I think that's the correct word)
Many options to read books w/variety of ebook reader apps (Amazon included)
SkySafari Plus runs and looks good on Nexus
Less than $260 shipped

Fedex is showing a delivery at end of week. I appreciate all the replies to my questions.

peace & happy reading,
~wellreadfred~
wellreadfred is offline   Reply With Quote