Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #121
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
It does look like an interesting device. I just can't figure out who it's *for.* It doesn't matter how cheap it is if its target demographic finds it lacking some essential feature(s).
There is this company that sells this gadget that costs twice as much as a netbook despite being less capable. It has almost no interfaces and you can only buy software through the manufacturer's platform. It doesn't even support ubiquitous standards like Flash and it has a daft name being called "iPad". This thing just has to be a market failure.
I have stopped using myself as the standard to judge whether people may accept some device or not. I do consider some of the criticism as not particularly convincing. People upload stuff from their smartphones all the time, e.g. photos to Facebook and Twitter. Pushing a book over to the reading device via Bluetooth is hardly a major challenge.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote