View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Looking at the E-books forum topics sorted by date gives you some interesting insights.
  1. the oldest topic threads (and presumably the earliest uploads) are these:
    • Calender 2007 for Sony Reader - LRF -MMascaro - 11-12-2006
    • Bible: World English Version - LRF - elf - 11-17-2006
    • Conan Doyle, Sir Arthur: Complete Sherlock Holmes. - LRF - HarryT - 03-27-2007
  2. there are 434 topic threads (therefore 434 books) containing Sony format books before the earliest MobiPocket books show up
  3. the earliest MobiPocket thread is:
    • Harvard Classics, Volume 16: Stories from the 1001 Nights - PRC - RWood - 06-22-2007
  4. the earliest IMP thread is:
    • Lie & Bos, Hakon and Bert:Cascading Style Sheets, level 1. - IMP - DaleDe - 09-04-2007
  5. only 1375 of the 5306 threads are missing the genre attribute

I'm a family genealogist. I like personal and community history. I like archives. Much of what has happened at MobileRead occurred long before I arrived in January 2008. It would be interesting to have a thread that summarizes significant events/threads in the history of MobileRead with links where possible. And since significant is in the eyes of the beholder, here are some suggestions on topics I would search out:
  • The very first post in the forum
  • The very first file uploaded
  • Introduction threads of people who have since assumed some leadership roles
  • The first hijacked thread
that could be a very interesting thread ! and i imagine it would interest novices as well as nostalgic veterans.

maybe you could start the thread, with whatever significant events you've discovered (the info on uploaded files is a good start, i think), and then people could add to it with other significant events. like the milestones thread, but for the site itself rather than individual members, and (somewhat, at least) retrospective.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote