View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #89
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm not willing to give up yet. Early days and perhaps the process needs to be jiggered somewhat in light of interest and participation.

I had one thought, which is that this club might garner more interest if the timing in regard to nominating, voting and reading weren't virtually identical to that of the main club. It might be too much of a commitment for some. Perhaps we could reschedule a bit in future months? There's nothing magic about when a vote or discussion takes place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
This is sort of a separate topic from the nomination participation question, but I have noticed that even among those interested in literary books too many will only participate in the reading and discussion only if his or her book wins the vote.

As for as participation goes, I can only speak for myself. In any given month, here or at t'other place, I would probably happily read about half the nominated books. But life's short, too many books, etc etc. I like to expand my horizons, but I'm not going to explode them. My comfort level's higher here, however, and I'm willing to give most books a shot. I've noted at the other club, however, that even for books with a lot of votes, only a handful of people participate in the discussion. Oh, well--it doesn't mean that the others aren't enjoying it from the sidelines.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote