View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenaJole View Post
I transferred some books to my Kindle from Calibre and then when I tried ejecting the device it said "the device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later." (I did close the Kindle's folder, and also closed down Calibre.)
I ended up shutting down the computer and unplugging the Kindle, but now the new books that I transferred aren't showing up. Could I have interrupted them mid-transfer? I did give it a few minutes, and they showed up in the Kindle folder, so I thought they were there okay.
Now when I look at the Kindle folder on the computer, in the "documents" folder I can see all the books I've added. The ones that I've done in Calibre have an author folder with the book inside. The new books are here, (and when I click on them they open up just fine in Kindle for PC) but they aren't showing up on the Kindle. Any idea what's up?
And now I can't eject it again.
What operating system do you use? Anyway, seems that you have to wait a
bit for something to finish. All processes that read/write/index from/to reader
would complain. For unix, you have to explicitly umount the device. Regarding
how many books you transferred, let some time to pass for indexing sake.
I'm not sure for windows, but process manager might help. Try to find the
process up and running when you think it's down. Garbage collection is the
other point of failure that comes to mind. Last, computer memory that fails
could give you all kinds of complains and errors.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote