View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm extremely hesitant to install calibre on my work computer and point the directory to the DropBox folder. It would be a mistake to point two installations of Calibre into the same directory, correct?
I have both my library and the Calibre program in my dropbox.

The only thing I do special is exit Dropbox when I am updating Calibre. After the update is complete I activate Dropbox again. I haven't set any special bat file to start up Calibre so the preferences are stored locally.

It works like a charm. I also run portableapps from the dropbox. This allows me to have the exact same browser, (Firefox) bookmarks, history, extentions on my work and home machines. It also stops my family from screwing up my browser since they know to exit my browser and start the local one.

Happy New Year!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote