View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #11
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
Yea reviews like this are popping up all over the place. Here is a really written review of the iPad as an eReader. http://www.businessweek.com/idg/2010...-e-reader.html
yes, good article

Unfortunately, the touch screen is so highly reflective that it kicks up a vicious glare in a well-lit room, and practically doubles as a mirror in full sunlight. As much as I love gazing at my own handsome mug, I'm quite sure I didn't need to spend $499 for the privilege.
What I did notice was a serious problem with the iPad's light sensor: It doesn't seem to work at all. Moving from bright sunlight to a darkened room triggered no change in the brightness of the screen, despite my having enabled the Auto-Brightness setting. (I confirmed this problem on a second iPad.) Worse yet, when I used the in-app brightness controls in iBooks, the iBooks settings altered the brightness for the desktop and other apps. Obviously, Apple has some patching to do here, and we can only hope to see the problem corrected soon.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote