Thread: Seriousness VHS to DVD conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Reading my windows help it appears you need an analog capture device and software to input from a VCR.

This usually involves converting the analog RCA 'out' from the VCR to digital 'in' to the PC via USB or firewire.

You can then use the software provided with the analog converter or Windows Movie Maker to edit and burn to a DVD with proper theme, title and menu.

You'll need a DVD burner to create a DVD. If you buy a new external or internal DVD burner, player or combo drive make sure it is compatible with your operating system. There are some cheap ones on the market right now but they are not compatible with Windows 7.
I've had a go at this myself in the past, and rapidly came to the conclusion that using a DVD recorder was by far the easiest way to do it. These days if I want to get something onto my PC, I record it on a rewritable DVD, rip it on my PC, and then re-use the DVD.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote