View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
1) Money was the principal problem for me. I received the PB at an irresistible price, though it was actually still over my planned budget (since I'm a hunger student, the budget was Scrooge-like).

2) With the obvious (but not less sad for an otaku like me) exception for reading comics and manga, the 5'' lets you handle documents very well. The PDF viewer software has improved very noticeably in the last firmware issue, so PDF's are no more a roulette game where if you got the black you couldn't read. Now 99% of normal PDFs should be working properly.

3) The firmware is strong and it allows you to do lots of things (support for free configuration of keys), plus the device has never hung in the month I've been using it (quite intensively and with big files such as manga volumes). The RSS reading ability is decent (though the PC companion provided by Pocketbook is worthless, you'll be better off using Calibre's or Feedbooks' parsers).

4) The FBReader I use is user-made, and there is quite an array of software to be downloaded (aside of the SDK being available for everybody to use).

Last edited by Logseman; 03-19-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote