View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
To give an answer to the original question; I've sent a number of my old books (mostly pb's) to Book Scan US (haven't tried 1DollarScan but the price is basically the same). The pdf's are the same quality as the original books - in a few cases of old, slightly faded print, the pdf is better.
They read easily on my tablet. As I have ABBYY Fine Reader software, I didn't bother to pay extra for OCR, but haven't needed to use it for any of them. YMMV.
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote