View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johneltin View Post
I copy from my 'word' doc that has only ONE space and paste the chapters into Sigil - a blank html file in 'book view' - and get TWO spaces between paragraphs.

Thanks again - I will try your suggestions tomorrow - bedtime in South Australia. J
When you say you get "two spaces," do you mean two paragraphs? An "empty paragraph" that leads to a blank line, or do you mean that in BookView, you see an empty blank line between paragraphs?

You can try pasting directly from Word to BookView in Sigil, but it doesn't work that fabulously. What you will get are opening and closing Office namespace tags that look like this: <o> </o> in every single paragraph. If you used styles to create any italics, bold, etc., you'll also get spans inside the paragraphs. To manage all this, you'll need to work with CSS to get the look and feel you really want.

For example, if you only mean that in BookView you see a blank line, where you think one should not be, it likely means that Sigil is using the default paragraph styling, which gives the impression of a blank line between paragraphs, but is not really there. If you have the paragraph styles named, you can easily find the styling in the stylesheet and fix (either the top or bottom) margin for the paragraph, so that you no longer have that illusion. Do you understand what I mean?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote