View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #193
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
ffmpeg -i http://archive.org/download/BunkerHi...kerllBunny.mp4 -pix_fmt gray -vf transpose=2 -vcodec rawvideo -f rawvideo -r 7.8 -y -s 600x800 - |./raw2gmv | nc -l 5555

was the magic formula for me.

Thanks for all the pointers, don't know why it failed before.
I have been doing -r7.7, which is closer to the 130msec/frame that gmplay uses. Using -r7.8 will make it play slightly slower. That -r15 you used earlier is about half-speed, which works fine on the K5 (with an adjusted gmplay that can play faster), but a K3 cannot go that fast.

In fact, on a K4/K5, you do not need those "nc" commands -- you can do it all on one command line inside the K5. A K3 cannot do the conversion AND the playing at the same time because the eips call uses too much CPU time in a K3 (hence piping the dithered stream from a host PC for realtime streaming, or two-step conversion to a .gmv.gz file like those in the first post).

I see that the screenshots are the proper polarity now (not negative images).

You do not need to rotate (transpose) the image with ffmpeg because that is already done inside the raw2gmv (by swapping scan coordinates). Your aspect ration is messed up. Try removing the "transpose" parameter.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote