Thread: PRS-T1 Altering Root FS
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
Edit: [SOLVED] see Post #5

I've extracted the root file system from raw data. However, after recompressing the image and putting it back on disk, the T1 refuses to start up. Why?

Here is what I did:
Code:
# making a backup of the compressed root fs image
dd if=/dev/mmcblk2 of=../rootfs.img.gz bs=1 skip=5242944 count=1048512

# extracting root fs
gunzip -c ../rootfs.img.gz | cpio -i

# re-creating compressed image
find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../newrootfs.img.gz

# applying new image
dd if=../newrootfs.img.gz of=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=1 seek=5242944
In the above example the image only has been re-created w/o changes to the included files themselves. Yet the T1 refuses to boot. Does the T1 verify the image before booting? Is it the right type of image?

The funny thing is when applying the backup, the T1 re-initializes (asking for language and time), so it is aware something has changed.

Last edited by e-ink; 09-04-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Changed to [SOLVED]
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote