View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #463
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post

I'm currently stuck with a bug in vbaLoadPictureGDI which seems to work in excel, but not in word. I intended to use that as cover previewer (it support png images which the standard VB forms image control doesn't).

I hope to have something sufficiently stabilized to share the code this Week-End.

A side question, is there any interest in those new features:

1 Optionally using the word pdf generator instead of the calibre one.
Adding it should not be much work: just import the cover and add a save.

2 Adding a RTF output, same level of work as the PDF with much overlapping.

3 Making the cover optional on a format Basis or when a cover is specified Generate a version with cover and without or a combination thereof.
Yes those features would be nice.

Calibre PDF never did a good job so I'm fine with using the word. However I'd like to add an option in the calibre tab to give the user the option to overide the word PDF and use calibre instead.

I'm not opposed to RTF format but I don't see the value of using BookCreator to create an RTF when the user can simply do a "Save As...". Might the value be that the user can bulk create different formats?

Another set of features I would like to add to the BookCreator dialog box is the ablility to change the Author name and file name.

Right now there is only one layout, and that happens to be my perf. choice.

Lastname, Firstname - Book Title

I'd like to add a sticky setting that changes the authors name to Firstname Lastname

And also swap the Book title and Author name

So folks can have their preferred layout

Lastname, Firstname - Book Title
Firstname Lastname - Book Title
Book Title - Lastname, Firstname
Book Title - Firstname Lastname
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote