View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #38
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFiore View Post
CWatkinsNash

Interesting comment. I suppose then you would never download a free game app because the ads throw you off your game or a free utility app because it has ads for other utilities in it? I assume you only pay for your apps to avoid ads?
I don't care about ads in free games...because games - for me - are only something to do if I don't have enough time to read comfortably or if I don't have any good books on me at that moment.

In other words...for killing time. When I have a book I want to be able to immerse myself in the story. Ads break that ability...which in turn makes me a harsher reader/reviewer.

A story that sucks me in and doesn't let me go till the end? I ignore a lot of that story's faults and I feel satisfied.

A story in which I keep getting pulled out? I start to notice grammar, typos, clunky sentences, bad descriptive prose, etc. I turn into a cranky reader and start cranking out harsher reviews...
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote