View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #84
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Actually the bigger question is will Amazon continue to innovate in order to preserve its place in the US e-book market and what is Amazon doing to improve its place in the international market.

I could careless about todays success. I want to buy the best product for me on the market. Right now that is a Kindle. If the time comes that I am looking for a new e-reader, mine breaks or something new and cool comes out, and Amazon does not have the best product on the market then I will be buying something else.

Part of the issues I end up having with these types of topics is that it turns into a Amazon vs the world thing. I don't see the need for that and I think the overall tone is distracting. I know that I post in these topics and that does not always help things but I get tired of Amazon bashing or demands that Amazon change its business model.

I fail to see why people cannot be happy with what they have and enjoy discussing the pros and cons of different e-readers. Different folks have different needs in their e-reader and there are a ton of possibilities out there for folks.

I guess the hyper competitivness to "prove" one e-reader is better then the other is a bit weird to me. As is the desire to see one e-reader grind the others down. We are better off with many devices which push the others to innovate and we all end up with better devices.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote