View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #15
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Well, i heard that this is not entirely true. She seems to be willing to publish electronically, but from what i heard, she wants an astronomically large sum up front, which probably could never be earned today, even with Harry Potter ebooks.
This is the first time I've heard that. Do you remember where you read or heard it?

I like the idea of everyone in the family being able to read off the same account, but the Kindle is too pricey for my family. And since they still don't have much in the way of books for kids, half my family wouldn't be interested anyway.

I'm very happy with my iLiad, but apart from that, the DRM and the fact that Amazon retains the right to examine what's on the device at any time kind of put me off. The Kindle could still end up being quite popular, but it's not the right device for me.

I wonder if part of the reason for the restrictive Kindle-only DRM was because they were worried about making back their hardware investment... if so, it would seem that they didn't need to worry about that after all.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote