View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
I have to disagree with you on this one. Easy macro languages are hardest to learn, they are usually proprietary to one piece of software and there fore hard rationalize investing too much time into. Add to it, that vbscript or jscript or ruby or etc has oh around thousands books to learn and NoteTab or whatever < 1, situation becomes even more hard on developer to support it.
I have to say I completely agree with this. I really don't feel like creating a proprietary scripting language for Sigil and I think it would be best sticking to something tried-and-true. The industry seems to be shifting away from such domain-specific languages and heading towards some common ground. Lua is becoming the de facto standard for scripting in game development, and numerous (scriptable) desktop applications are starting to integrate Python.

So Python would currently be the front-runner. There are countless books on it and everyone and their grandmother seems to know it (or are learning it).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote