View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Start one in the Android Forum. It's where any Nexus 7 threads go.
the 8.9 model of the HDX is great. I hear it's breathtaking. I don't why Amazon choose to do blue LEDs on the 7" I would have gladly paid more to get rid of the ugly blue border.
People in this area of the forum seem to be a lot more open minded and polite than the fanboys in the Android forums. Just an observation. I really like my Nexus 7.2 as far as Android tablets go. It is wide open compared to the Fires which are little more than advertisements for Amazon.

BTW, do you know of a good video player that will play ripped DVDs? I ripped a few DVDs of Christmas movies last year and played them on my Fire HD. I copied a couple of them to my Nexus 7.2 but the native video player wouldn't play them. I installed Wondershare and it played the menu screen of the DVD files so I thought it would play the movies. I should have checked before leaving on holiday travels. Turns out it wouldn't play the movies either. I never have problems with my iPad, but Android can be a PITA with native apps not really working right.

ETA: The files I ripped are *.VOB, *.IFO, and *.BUP.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.