View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #84
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
I found a new value in the file "[Drive letter where your Kobo is connected]:\.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf" - the 1st line returned no value in the previous release, but now this line is crowded with tons of home phone stuff (including my special friends google-analytics.com), transferring at least 25 different numerical values. - Have a quick look at that line here. - I think the whole crap is intended for the recommendation feature. But who knows what kind of information is also encoded there...
Just checked my 1.9.14 and the google-analytics.com crap is still there. And, from the looks of the URLs used ( h-t-t-p-://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif?utmwv=4.9.5&utms=1&utmn=1028046982&utmhn =devices.kobo.com&utmhid=287349228&utmr=-&utmp=% being one of the four), it is redirecting through g-a.com every time the device needs to connect to devices.kobo.com.

This not being a new thing just further guarantees that Kobo shall never get another penny (or any other amount) from me in the future.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote