View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #13
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
To add to the nerd rage, though not quite in the same medium, video game DRM has been fairly ridiculous as well.

Assassin's Creed II, for PC, requires a constant and unyielding internet connection to the publisher's (Ubisoft) servers, or the game will cease to allow play.

Now, this also counts for if the player has a minor hiccup, say, a two second interruption in their connection. This also counts for if these fine and dandy Ubisoft servers are not functioning, which, to my knowledge, seems to happen quite often.

I can strongly recommend, however, back on the subject of music, [deleted]. They have some very low prices (around $1.30 per album), and it is quite legal. I believe they have a 6-month window for downloading/redownloading, but there is no DRM, and it's easy enough to download 4 gigs of music and back it up on a DVD-R.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-24-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote