View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Harry, if I could tell which books are mobi and DRM free then no, Calibre would do them justice. Of course, I'd have to break my #1 book-buying rule (buy from anyone but Amazon) and my #2 rule (don't buy books from authors who have given Amazon exclusives), but these days rules are made to be broken.

The other problem is that Amazon hasn't let me download ebooks unless I install Amazon software on my computer, something I'm not going to do.

"Buy" the book - it's free, so buy isn't really the right word.
Using a broken Kindle (which you only need to get a serial #), register it to your account (cheap on ebay).
Use the transfer via USB option to download the books to your computer. No software required.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote