View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #49
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogui View Post
1/ Would you post a purchased book on a p2p network if it contained a digital signature that pointed back to you?
I wouldn't post it on a P2P network, regardless of whether the signature pointed to me.

Quote:
2/ If you could download a free reader for any device that was keyed to your digital signature, would you buy DRMed content for it, providing that your content could be displayed on any and all of your reading devices forever?
Possibly. My big wish is to download content once, and read it on whatever device I happen to have. So I'm strongly in favor of a standard format every reader can support. If a standard DRM that will work on any reader on any device can be implemented, I can probably live with DRM.

Meanwhile, I don't buy DRMed ebooks, and have no plans to start. If the only ebook format is DRMed, I'll buy the paper book. For me, ebooks are a additional format for reading, not a replacement for paper books.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 09-15-2007 at 02:12 AM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote