View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #143
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
...and my DR 1000s handles all of the tasks that dmaul is interested in. .....
Except for a few things.

1. E-ink is too slow to allow me to flip through PDFs quickly and find tables, sections I marked up before etc. Like I can paper. LCD is much better on that front.

2. E-ink limits it to that one purpose, I'd rather have a multimedia LCD (or some future color screen technology) or....

3. It would have to be a lot less that $859. I'd consider something like the DR1000 or the forthcoming Plastic Logic Que. But only for $300 or so tops as that's about as high as I'd pay for something to use solely for my academic reading--which is just a few hours a month. Paper will suffice until prices come way down, or there's some nice multimedia tablets out that do a great job on that and can also be my main "browse the web on the couch" machine etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote