View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Another way of doing it is to edit the metadata for the book and add the series name and book "order" to the title, so they then sort correctly by series and book.
I do something similar with the title of my recipe files to get them to all sort together in the right groupings when I want to browse rather than search them. I've also stored a lot of my pbooks in boxes since I'm out of shelf space. I keep track of the box contents in a big spreadsheet. It has columns for just that purpose so I can search by series even when I can't remember the title of each individual book. I'm amazed how many of the paper books don't list this information, either. It seems a natural thing to be able to set in metada or to print in the pbook. Some of these books haven't been read in 20 years and we don't remember which order they go in. I'm so glad that sites like FantasticFiction.co.uk exist.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote