View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #509
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp000n View Post
I'm trying to establish a workflow to generate a PDF cover from page X (default page 1) of the file for groups of files. Currently, the ability exists in Calibre to edit metadata, select the cover button, and choose the page from several rendered options. It's slow, however, so it would be nice to point a script at a library to have it complete the job.

Is there a way to do it with this plugin?
@sp000n - No, this plugin is about making a cover page from an external image and the metadata - which must then be put into the book format files.

I don't think there are any PIs that extract data from format files, it's all done by the core product. If I were you I would search for something like "extract first image from PDF" - I suspect its doable with imagemagik or exiftool.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote