View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #69
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is anyone else having problems closing this PI after a successful import?

Calibre 1.2 on XP
I had to quit Calibre to get the dialog to go away
Must be a Windows XP thing - I have no issues at all on Windows 7. As soon as I click Finish in the wizard, the window closes.

The dialog itself is just invoked with a standard Qt .show() call on the QWizard window (since the window is modeless). There is a little bit of code that executes to save window position and your preferences but I can't see how that would affect anything. To verify it you could open the plugin zip file, edit line 59 of wizards.py and comment out this line like as follows:
Code:
#self.finished.connect(self._on_dialog_closing)
Maybe Kovid knows of some XP specific issue with Qt and modeless windows - has this just started happening or has it always done it?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote