View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #30
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I recently noticed that a paper book that I purchased had an offer to get the ebook. Inside the front flap was a page that you had to cut open with some codes in tabular format. On the website you entered two of the codes and registered the paper book with your account, which then gave you permissions to download an unprotected epub, mobi, or pdf. Not sure if the mobi or epub was watermarked, but the PDF had my name and e-mail address on the page footers. Apparently all of that publisher's books were like that. {Manning Publications}

Not a bad system... I wish more paper books did that... I might actually buy more paper books if that were the case.
I should have said watermarked ebooks, not books. I'd prefer not to have to buy paper in order to get electronic version. That would be 160 real books extra in my house. I have been buying ebooks with watermark but not "on condition that". I don't even see where the watermark is, it is not visible at all. Recently I have been choosing mobi file to put directly on K3. Still put ebooks in calibre but for organisation, not disinfection.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote