View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #34
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I've got a standalone Magellan GPS and the smartphones (both Android and iPhone) get a location fix/lock before the Magellan does. Smartphones nowadays have assisted GPS which consists of an actual GPS which gets location information from satellites and additional help via triangulation using cell towers, etc.

Ease of use, though, naturally the Magellan wins since it has a dedicated interface designed primarily for GPS usage.
I am sorry to have to tell you that the Magellan line which has been around a long time is not so good these days. Garmin or Tom Tom are better for the US for car or truck navigation. There are others also for more specialized activities. DeLorme for one. SPOT. etc.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote