View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You need to use a custom startup file to launch calibre if you want to do this.

If you look in the resources sub-folder of where you installed calibre you will see the file calibre-portable.bat. This file (which is liberally commented) shows you what options you have for controlling where calibre puts its files.
many thanks for advice. i using Calibre installed, not portable - till today. I will try to edit calibre-portable.bat, will see later. Can i manage startup behaviour with "standard" Calibre ? to make batch file or so ? may be thru Environment variables if possible ? how ?

i downloaded and unpack Calibre-Portable, but no such file calibre-portable.bat... should i start the Calibre-Portable first ? Calibre Settings folder empty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
However if you are thinking of using DropBox do you need to do this? Since the calibre database is normally much smaller than the associated ebook files what are you hoping to achieve?
my idea is - when i moving out from home - using laptop - to know which books i collected already... if i will manage my laptop smaller collection - let say about 10-50 books - when i will back home i will just copy metadata.db+Calibre book folder and both - desktop and laptop - will synced. is it correct ? or you can advice better idea ?

to keep metadata.db inside calibre book folder is not best idea because my library about 50 thousand books and access to see folder structure very slow... to copy i use command line (windows cmd) or Calibre send to device...

Last edited by ViktorShchedrin; 03-08-2012 at 03:51 AM.
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote