View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
Have you got the link to 'Alf's blog for more about DRM and Calibre?'

What I would dearly love to do is, somehow transfer the books from the K4PC to Calibre. I find it much easier to read books in Calibre once I get them in there. Can this be done and can you give me a detailed explanation on how to do it please?

How do I export books from the K4PC to Calibre? I do not understand when you say, 'Use MOBI as the output format for the Kindle.' I am new at all this so could you explain this as well please and what I should do as your explanation?

Just to let you know, I have Calibre (to manage my books) and Nook as well as K4PC.
Google for Apprentice Alf's Blog. Note that if you have been importing Nook ebooks you bought (i.e. with DRM) into Calibre and you can read them there - then you are already using the 3rd party DRM-stripping add-ons to Calibre. If not, Apprentice Alf's Blog tells you how to strip DRM from Adobe and/or B&N ebooks as well as Kindle ebooks.

In Calibre, right click on the Add Book icon, select "Add books from a single directory", navigate to the folder "My Documents\My Kindle Content", and select the ebooks you want to import into Calibre. You will first need to add the 3rd party DRM-stripping add-ons to Calibre.

MOBI is an ebook format that K4PC can read. If you want to export Nook ebooks (say) to K4PC you will need to use Calibre's "convert books" capability to convert the ePub ebooks to the MOBI format. However, if you can convert to MOBI you can also just read in Calibre.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote