View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:23 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by caluser2011 View Post
A Dewey Metadata field is an absolute requirement. I'm surprised it has not been added yet this far in development. It would be most useful to see this editable field sortable in the list view. Perhaps a collapsible tree with subs, like when categories and sub-categories are created, would be most appropriate.

This, for me, is the only feature missing from this most excellent piece of work. Perhaps you feel the same. Please speak up if you would like to see this type of metadata imported from the web.

Vancouver, Canada
There are two requests here: 1) to have a dewey column, and 2) to be able to collapse and expand the calibre library view (spreadsheet view) based on some sort.

As for 1) use a custom column. That will let your search and sort on them. You can even get subclassification search with saved searches using regexps.

As for 2) this request and its siblings row coloring and row hiding have been around for a long time. It is hard to do and would be extremely invasive. The only way to make it happen is for a developer both to have the interest in doing it and the time/skill to tear apart and rebuild calibre's gui in fundamental ways. I am not saying the feature wouldn't be useful, only that it probably won't happen soon.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote