View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Government has decided that property rights are fine as long as they don't conflict with the Government goals. Case in point is the land snatch in CT from a homeowner to sell it to a company to build an office. There are thousands more examples. MS is getting creamed in some markets by rampent duplication and distribution of their products. In Japan bands make all of their money from concerts and zilch from CD sales.

It is up to the company to protect its own property -- physical and IP. DRM cost them money to implement. When they feel that they can sell enough additional units to justify removing the DRM they will do so. They worry about seeing their IP posted on the darknet. They wonder how many sales are lost by this practice.

I don't like DRM any more than the next person. Unlike most of you I seldom reread a book -- there are too many that I have yet to read to tread old ground again. If DRM is the price I must pay (along with a few dollars or so) for the reading material that I want, fine.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote