View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
What to do when downloaded metadata is wrong?

I'm currently inputting my library into Calibre. As Kovid knows, I've used it for conversions and also the ebook-viewer, but this is the first time I've used it for ebook management. While inputting my Barbara Michaels collection, and "fixing" the metadata and adding covers, I noticed that the date published is wrong, on every one of her titles. I tried going in and changing it manually, and it won't let me do that, either. I tried changing the date published metadata on one I didn't download the metadata for as well, and it won't let me change it. It shows me the calendar, but when I click on a date, it goes back to what it was to begin with. Any ideas? Am I just missing something simple? I realize that the reason for the downloaded metadata being wrong is likely that they're giving me the date for the last time an edition was printed, but I need the original publication date. But why can't I change it manually?

Oh, by the way... I want to add here that I am thoroughly enjoying the GUI updates. They make the program super nice to work with!

ETA: Version is 7.10

Last edited by phenomshel; 07-30-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: adding version number
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote