View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #41
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_statt View Post
Mine was indeed set to 0.0.0.0 be default. And I've no idea about whether or not i have IP6 in use or not.
well you've fixced it so don't worry too much about the postmortem.
but as the fix was to change a setting from IP4 to IP4+ IP6, that suggests you have ip6 enabled, somewhere.

I think you will find that W10 enables IP6 by default. force-disabling it is a cure for various networking ills. [ i.e. it shows up when you are googling fixes for why can't my LAN devices see each other...]

if you are curious check your network adaptor properties

this also maybe explains why you had trouble a year ago which then went away. Windows updates could have been turning Ip6 on/off without you knowing or caring.

I am not an IP6 expert, its in the learn about it later but only if I really have to pile
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote