View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #29
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
To be honest no definitive idea!

It might be worth looking at the calibre2opds log file to see if a warning was displayed about the structure of the HTML for that comment. In the book details pages the comment has to be valid HTML, and a warning is logged if the check for this fails. Conversely in the book listing HTML tags have been removed to leave plain text so they can survive malformed HTML comments.

I have been thinking of changing the completion message when there are warnings logged to suggest the user might want to look at the log file. If this turns out to be a case where doing so would have helped I might need to consider moving such a change higher in the priority list!

If you want me to look any further I would need a copy of the metadata.db file from the library containing the book exhibiting this issue.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-12-2013 at 01:04 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote