View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #40
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I think that it may be a good idea to load and make a separate BD file for each letter, (perhaps lumping x, y and z together.) Each could have its own TOC.
I actually liked using Mobipocket Creator (MPC) to make a TOC file using it's built-in 'Add Table of Contents' section. I specified my 'tag' for the first level and MPC placed an id for every letter in a separate TOC.html AND MPC added that id to the tag I had specified! Very fast and convenient. And all using HTML, no BD.

Next, all I'll have to do is pick an unused tag and then specify/place it at every tier-two point. Re-run the 'Add T0C' and use that revised TOC.html. BTW, I then just took those TOC entries from the TOC.html and placed them in the main .html at the beginning i.e. inline TOC. I then discarded the separate TOC.html file.

Quote:
At the end of the process, one could join the files together, maybe into one huge volume, but perhaps into several smaller ones.
That's a very good idea when working with large files! Hopefully it will allow BD to handle this dictionary.

Quote:
(I am not volunteering for this. As soon as I've recovered a bit, I've got the Supplemental volumes of the 1001 Nights on my to-do list.)
Yeah, 'to-do' lists complicate matters....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote