View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #162
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
Are you sure about that, or are you just repeating something you heard? It looks like passive GPS antennas start at about a 1/2" x 1/2", and the Lenovo certainly has room for something bigger than that.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time a company has screwed up on antenna design...
The antenna doesn't need to be outside the device! But it does need a fairly open view to the sky. When we were in search for a GPS device for on our bikes, a lot of them would even stop working if I had my rain poncho on and it was covering the device...

If I want to use the GPS on my (aging) PDA in a car, I need the external antenna because the car window is blocking too much. And ever tried a (cheaper) GPS device while standing in a forest?

Also, if it's an internal antenna, the body of the device itself (and probably the internals) can interfere as well...

But I'd think you'd be silly if you'd only buy this device for its GPS

My two major concerns were the screen quality and general availability... It looks like the screen is good, but general availability (here) is still lacking...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote