View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
My 94-year-old mother has used the original CyBook for several years. Unfortunately, I recently had to disassemble it to resolder the power supply connector, and I lost the MobiPocket Vision reader software when it reset. I do not have a copy of the low vision software that CyBook provided me at the time, and they are not answering their email.

Does the new CyBook scale the fonts for DRMed MobiPocket books like hers does (or did)? The MobiPocket Vision version would enable fonts as large as perhaps 100 points or more. If the new CyBook will do that, I'll buy one for her tomorrow (or as soon as they are available).

Thanks,

Bob
I'll have to see if I can get some of the 'large-size' fonts captured on my dSLR. It will go large enough to put just three or four lines (very SHORT lines, I might add) on the display at a time. For all intents and purposes, I believe they are either 60pt or larger. But then, it can also display at about 6-8pt. So small that I can't *comfortably* read even using my prescription reading glasses. I think it displays between 50-60 lines at that size. Nope. This isn't the font-size-limited debacle A.K.A. Sony PRS. (Just kidding you Sony owners. We have a 500.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote