View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #251
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
And why oh why? The local bookstore (and the only place available to buy paper books in English) on the military base where I work seems to think that "sci-fi" is ONLY Star Trek and Star Wars, and their clone cousins, with a few Terry Prachett titles thrown in for variety. I am not exaggerating to say that the sci-fi section is one section 6-feet long by 5-feet high. I assume the buyer is not interested in the genre.
If you're in Okinawa, this could be a problem. However, if you're near one of the larger cities, like Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, or Sapporo, it would be worth a trip out to the local bookstores. Kinokuniya, for example, used to have a good selection, even in the relatively sleepy backwater of Kanazawa. Not as convenient, but if you're really jonesing for a good English paper book, it might do. I wish e-books were an option when I was in Japan.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote