View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Dekadez
Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dekadez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Non-Touch: Which one to get?

Hello everyone,

I've been postponing my eReader purchase decision since I was skeptical at first. Having experienced one in person convinced me that this is the solution for creating some luggage space when traveling abroad. I also commute a lot, and taking a physical book with me isn't always as convenient.

What am I looking for?

-A simple eReader: No music, no text-to-speech, no games. None of that is required. I can use my smartphone for those features.
-No touch. I find the eReaders work just fine with physical buttons to turn pages. All other features that might be a little smoother with a touch screen (like inputs, or dictionary features), aren't that relevant to me. I'm patient enough to go through the extra hassle.
-Lowest possible price.
-Support for PDF's isn't a must, yet it would be nice. Mostly full text PDF's.
-Ability to sideload books with ease, yet I suppose they all can do that.
-Ability to read manga would be a major plus.

I live in Belgium. The Kindle 4 sparked my interest by being a basic and cheap eReader doing almost everything I want it to do and lacking the bells and whistles that increase its price.
I don't know if Amazon charges me extra for a delivery to Belgium, or if I'm going to have problems buying books from the store.

If there are other readers that perform these desired functions better, or if I should look at another reader for other reasons: I welcome all advice.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dekadez; 03-24-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Dekadez is offline   Reply With Quote