Thread: Download Help
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNel View Post
Thanks JSWolf,
What you suggested is what I did in the first place. It was after that didn't work that I tried right clicking then Save Target As. I'm going to try a different web browser. Currently I'm using Internet Explorer, but I will try Netscape to see if that makes a difference. Oh and Yes I'm in the US and I have a Sony Card (with Sony's new offer for the Reader at half points, I could get it with the points I've already earned) I have other priorities that require a full PC so I was looking at a Slate with the eBooks as a nice add on. (3lbs isn't that much and if I were to go with the Motion LS800 it would be only 2.2 lbs.)
Yes you can read all kinds ebook formats on your Laptop/Tablet. You can read Digital Editions, MS Reader, eReader, MobiPocket, HTML, RTF, DOC, TXT, PDF, and more as long as there is a Windows reader available.

I've found the weight is not an issue as much as the size. I could not see myself with a tablet on the public transport and then carrying it around would not be as easy. I carry a smallish shoulder strap bag that I keep my reader in and it fits perfectly. And stays hidden as well when not in use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote