View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've wrestled with the question for a while. I've opted to pay for my subscriptions (daily Kindle and paper version of the Sunday edition). Newspapers are dying all across the country and thousands have been laid off (close to 1,000 just for the L.A. Times).

I fear that if people stop paying for content the web versions will become pay sites or have forced advertising pop-ups or just disappear altogether.
Newspapers have always been supported by ad revenue. That is how they make there money. The price you pay at the newstand or for delivery is for the distribution mechanism not to pay for the content/editing process.

Many newspaper as having problems because classified ads where a large part of their revenue. Many people have stopped using them and use web sites like ebay and craigs list for this type of stuff now.

Things change... these old media outlets are going to have to adjust or move over. I'm sure someone will fill the vacuum if there is one.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote