View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I've been using a Kobo Glo for a while now and today added a 16GB Micro SD card. Is there a way to move my existing Kobo library from the device's main memory to the card without manually deleting and reinstalling each book?

Also, for kepubs I buy directly on the device from the Kobo bookstore, is there a way to direct them to install on the card instead of in main memory?

I'd like to have the whole library on the card so that I can just swap the card into another device if I upgrade my hardware, and so that the library will survive a factory reset. I can't find anything in the Kobo documentation about this.
As the other David said, don't worry about kepubs. They will be downloaded automatically to the new Kobo device. And if you force them to the SD card by filling the main memory, they won't be used when you move the card. Plus, only Kobo devices and apps can read them

And as well as using the Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre to manage the database, you can also use it to store and restore the reading status of sideloaded books. If the books are in the calibre library, you can store the reading status, delete them from the main memory, send them to the SD card and disconnect. Let the device process the books and connect again. Then you can restore the reading status of the books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote